KC Sudbury School
The KC Sudbury School sets children free to learn through self-paced exploration, purpose discovery, and engagement in an opportunity-rich learning center. We provide an educational environment that fosters the natural joy of learning within a participatory democracy.
-Create a restorative model of K-12 education with a community culture that is anti-racist, trauma-informed, and rooted in equity-based economics.
-Nurture and protect a healing centered environment for life-long self-determined learning for children from 4 to 18 years old in the Greater Kansas City area.
-Create pathways and curate spaces for learning that fosters self-empowerment for all people.
Our business model is rooted in equity economics and has 4 cornerstones that support the mission of our school:
A. The Kansas City Timebank is a cornerstone equity-based economics project of the Kansas City Sudbury School. All member subscription donations are set on sliding scales to ensure that everyone in our community that would like to participate, can.
The mission of the KC Timebank (KCTB) is to be a community reciprocity hub for the Kansas City Metro Area. Our goals:
1. Create pathways to equity-based economics.
2. Support access to KCSS through need-based scholarships.
3. Engage KCSS families with KCTB rather than a traditional PTA.
4. Engage KCSS students in learning about equity and economics through timebank stewardship.
5. Establish pathways for KC artists and entrepreneurs to offer lessons to students for time credit.
6. Build a vast eco-system of care across the bi-state region that functions to reclaim that value of time for all people.
B. Sliding Scale Tuition based on household income
C. ITEX Barter Network
D. Equity Wage Ratios for our Self-Directed Worker Non-Profit Staff