KC Coalition March Meeting Agenda
1. Welcome & Introductions – Tom Esselman, PCs for People
2. Taxes and the Digital Divide - Lindsay Tarasovic and Julie Riddle, financial and program specialists from the University of Missouri Extension
○ Lindsay and Julie will speak about the IRS changes to the tax program this year for VITA -- the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, designed to provide remote, and in very few cases, in person assistance for low income residents tax returns.
○ Information will be provided detailing where in the greater KC region the VITA program is happening; and most importantly, what resources and information can be shared with and by Coalition members to help broaden awareness and understanding of the changes and requirements for remote tax services
3. Federal Funding Programs for Digital Inclusion
○ Overview of the progress being made under the new Biden administration and the FCC to provide benefits for low income communities to gain financial support for internet, computers and digital literacy training and tech job skills training.
4. Q&A, Network/Sharing
5. Next Meeting: Friday, April 2, 2021